Q: I recently installed RoboForm’s latest version RoboForm 7-9-20-5 on my Windows 8. But I failed to uninstall it through following the uninstall processes provided on its official website. I doubt that I have deleted some of its files wrongly in my local disk C. Can I uninstall it by reinstalling the program on my computer? Anyone can guide me to remove its plug-ins and add-ons from my web browsers?
Today, I will guide you to completely uninstall RoboForm in a proper and quick way.
Manually uninstall RoboForm from computer (Time-consuming and complicated)
Publisher: Siber Systems
Executable File: robotaskbaricon.exe
Program Installation Directory: C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm
Default Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\rfwipeout.exe
Program Official Site: http://roboform.com/
Detailed Information of RoboForm
RoboForm 7-9-20-5 is the latest version of RoboForm. It is a great password management application developed by Siber Systems. RoboForm is available on Windows (7/Vista/XP/8/10), Mac, Linux and most mobile devices such as iPhone/iPod Touch, Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone, Palm and Symbian. Besides, the password manager also integrates with IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Opera on Windows as well as Chrome and Safari on Macs. Above all, it allows you to share information between browsers and makes your web experience faster, easier and more secure. When installing the software, you need to enter your Master Password. This password will encrypt and secure all of your RoboForm data. When you login to a website, RoboForm will automatically offer to save your login information. Just simply click on that Login and RoboForm will take you to that site and log you automatically. It’s simple and convenient. You don’t need to type another password again. RoboForm is really an easy-to-use and fast application. You can access it from everywhere.
Perfect program doesn’t mean that you can run and uninstall it smoothly. Many users encounter all sorts of problems when uninstalling RoboForm from computer. Here，I would like to summarize the most common problems you may encounter when uninstalling a program.
Can’t find the program in the list of installed programs
Can’t find the Uninstall/Remove button in the list of installed programs
Receive error message when uninstalling the program
Why this happens? Maybe many users don’t understand why they can’t uninstall a program normally with Windows Uninstall Wizard. The main reasons may be that
Windows Uninstall utility is interrupted before the program could be uninstalled.
The program is hidden/corrupted/stubborn program that cannot be uninstalled with Windows Add or Remove Programs
The configuration information of the program has been damaged or deleted.
The registry entries of the program have been corrupted or invalid
The program you want to uninstall is protected. (It implies that your PC may have infected with malware or virus)
When a certain program can’t be uninstalled properly, it may cause a lot of problems. The program doesn’t work correctly. Moreover, it will automatically run in the background every time you boot your PC which may slow computer running speed. Besides, the corrupted files will also occupy hard memory which may drag your computer performance down.
Do you wish to uninstall RoboForm without any trouble? See the guide below to completely uninstall it without leaving any traces.
Instructions to uninstall RoboForm by Siber Systems from Windows
Once RoboForm is installed on your PC, it will be added to your Control Panel. So you can uninstall it via Windows Add or Remove Programs applet. This is the most common way to uninstall any unwanted programs from computer. However, it is not an easy thing to completely get rid of it from Windows. Please note that simply remove its executive file can’t thoroughly wipe it out. To make sure you can fully uninstall it, you still need to clean all its temporary files, plug-ins and registry entries. A complete removal can keep your PC clean and run faster. Please follow the removal guide below to uninstall RoboForm now!
Note: To tell you the truth, the manual uninstall steps are time-consuming and complicated that only recommend to advanced computer users. If you are a computer novice, I suggest using a professional uninstall tool, which is an easier, faster and safer way to uninstall any unwanted programs.
For Windows 7/Vista user:
- Click Start menu and choose Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program under Programs category.
- Search for the program you want to remove and click Uninstall to eliminate it.
- After a dialog box pops up as shown below, check the box and click Remove button.
- Then you will see a message box, click Yes button to go on the uninstall process.
- After that, a dialog box will pop up and tell you RoboForm has been uninstalled. But some of its files and folders in your local disk C can’t be deleted. Click Ok button and navigate to C:\Program Files\
- Find out Siber Systems folder and delete it.
For Windows XP user:
- Click Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove Programs category
- Look for RoboForm in the list of installed programs and then click Remove button to uninstall it.
- Check the box and click OK button when a dialog box pops up.
- Click Yes button to delete the relevant data of RoboForm.
- Then you will see a message box as shown below. RoboForm has been uninstalled, but some of its files and folders still remain in your C:\Program Files\.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Siber Systems, delete Siber Systems folder. See the image below.
For Windows 8/10 user:
- Right-click Start menu in the lower left corner of your screen and choose Control Panel (For Windows 8). Right-click the icon located in the bottom left corner of the screen, then select Control Panel (For Windows 10).
- Click Uninstall a program under Programs category.
- Find out RoboForm in the list of installed programs, then click Uninstall to remove it. Then follow the on-screen instruction to uninstall the program step by step. See the images below for better understanding.
- Although RoboForm has been uninstalled, not all of its files and folders have been deleted. These files and folders in the E:/Program Files/Siber Systems/Al RoboForm/start-page aren’t deleted. Now, navigate to the associated disk, find out Siber Systems folder and delete it.
Note: Not all the programs can be uninstalled with Windows Add or Remove Programs. Stubborn or corrupted programs can’t be removed via Windows Uninstall utility. If you can’t find or uninstall RoboForm program in the list of installed programs, you have to use a professional uninstall tool to forcibly uninstall it from your machine.
RoboForm is not only added to the Control Panel, it also adds its plug-ins and extensions to your web browsers. To completely get rid of the application, it is necessary to remove these plug-ins and extensions.
Remove unwanted plug-ins from Internet Explorer
- Click the gear icon (in the upper right corner) and select Manage Add-ons.
- In the opened window, find out all the plug-ins related to RoboForm and click Disable button to terminate them.
Remove unwanted extension from Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu (in the top right corner) and select More tools > Extensions.
- In the Extensions window, look for RoboForm Life Password Manager and click trash bin to delete it.
Remove unwanted add-on from Mozilla Firefox
- Click the Tools menu and select Add-ons.
- In the opened window, click Disable button to remove RoboForm Toolbar.
Remove unwanted extension from Opera
- Click the Opera menu and choose Extensions > Manage extensions.
- Find out RoboForm Password Manager and click Disable button to eliminate it.
When uninstalling RoboForm, users often ignore this step. Most of them think that they have completely uninstalled this program from their PCs. However, they don’t know that RoboForm creates lots of registry entries in Registry as soon as it is installed. Redundant files not only overweight Registry, but also consume system memory. Please follow the guide below to clean the residual files now.
Note: Before performing this step, you’d better back up the Registry in case computer crashes suddenly. Click this link to know about how to back up the Registry.
Open Registry Editor:
- Simultaneously press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
- When a dialog box pops up, type regedit into the box and click OK button to open Registry Editor.
- In the opened window, simultaneously press Ctrl + F key. After a dialog box appears, type RoboForm into the box and click Find Next button.
- Find and delete the registry entries created by RoboForm.
Please note that it is not an easy job to find and clean all the registry entries manually for inexperienced computer users. RoboForm prefers to conceal its files or change its file code with different names to avoid being removed. Browser hijacker is quite cunning. If you delete any important system files wrongly, it may break down the whole system. Considering computer security, we highly recommend using a professional Registry Cleaner – Perfect Uninstaller.
Why you should choose Perfect Uninstaller
Perfect Uninstaller is an easy-to-use uninstall tool that can completely uninstall any unwanted programs easier and faster than Windows Add or Remove Programs. The best uninstall tool not only helps to uninstall RoboForm from computer with ease, but also completely clean out all its leftovers including the temporary files, folders, registry entries with a few clicks.
Uninstall RoboForm faster and easier than Windows Add/Remove Programs.
Forcibly display and uninstall hidden programs which may run on PC without your permission.
Clean all registry entries and drivers that RoboForm left over
Protect your registry from empty / corrupted errors and improve your PC performance.
Back up registry so as to restore system easily when Windows crashes suddenly.
- When another window appears, click Next button.
- Select I accept the agreement and then click Next button.
- Keep following the on-screen instruction, select Destination Location and then click Next button.
- Choose the additional tasks you like and click Next button.
- Click Install button to continue with the installation.
- Click Finish button to complete Perfect Uninstaller setup wizard.
- Double-click Perfect Uninstaller and run it to uninstall RoboForm within a few steps.
Step1. Select the program you want to uninstall from the list and click Uninstall button.
Step2. Then you will get a message box as shown below, click Next button to continue the process.
Step3. Keep clicking Next button. Check the box and then click OK button.
Step4. Follow the on-screen instruction and click Yes button to uninstall RoboForm.
Step5. Then you will see a dialog box as shown below. Click Yes button to remove residual file.
Step6. Now, Perfect Uninstaller is scanning the registry for the left over entries. Once finished scanning, it continues to scan the drives for the left over files.
Step7. Click Next button to delete the RoboForm registry entries detected by Perfect Uninstaller.
Note: Perfect uninstaller’ free version just helps you uninstall RoboForm (Not include its temporary files and registry entries) and provides a free scan with your registry and drives for the left over files and entries. To completely uninstall the application, you need to register and purchase our product. Click Yes button to register.
Important note: If you can’t uninstall RoboForm with the Uninstall function of Perfect Uninstaller, take an easy, use the Force Uninstall function of the powerful uninstall tool to forcibly uninstall the stubborn program completely. Follow the several simple steps to uninstall RoboForm now!
Step1. Select the program you want to uninstall and click Force Uninstall.
Step2. Follow the guide below to select the program file you want to scan.
Step3. Scroll down your mouse, find out Siber Systems folder and click OK button.
Step4. Click Next button when a dialog box pops up.
Step5. Perfect Uninstaller will quickly scan your registry and detect any registry files created by RoboForm. Click Next button to delete them.
This article is mainly created to provide two effective methods – manual & automatic to help those users who want to uninstall RoboForm but don’t know how to remove the program in a correct way. Compared with the complicated manual uninstall method, the automatic uninstall is a better, easier and faster way to uninstall any unwanted programs (Stubborn, hidden, and corrupted programs) than the Windows Add or Remove Programs. If you want to quickly uninstall RoboForm, it is highly recommended using Perfect Uninstaller – a free uninstall tool.