A normal and direct way to uninstall Avira Antivirus 2016 is to go to the Control Panel, open the window of Add or Remove Programs/Programs and Features, and then uninstall the program there. But more often than not, when you uninstall a program in this way, there are remnants of the program left behind in your hard drive (usually in the C drive) and the Windows registry. The remnants can cause some problems over time. For example, it can slow down your PC, or even make your system crash down. So, you need to use a third-party uninstaller to thoroughly remove Avira Antivirus 2016 as well as its related files and entries so as to prevent such problems from happening.
Description of Avira Antivirus 2016
|Software Full Name||Avira Antivirus 2016|
|Setup File Name||avira_en_av_579802fe815dc__ws.exe|
|Latest Version Release On||June 16, 2016|
|Operating Systems||Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10|
|Publisher||Avira Operations GmbH&Co.KG|
Avira Antivirus 2016 is an industry-leading antivirus program that helps detect and remove viruses, worms, Trojans, spyware and rootkits, and also offers you complete real-time protection while you visit pages, download files, or buy something online. Avira Antivirus 2016 has been improved in many respects to cater to its customers. The antivirus program offers a good degree of configurability with several advanced options for more advanced users. The default configuration, however, is perfect for those who are less experienced. It detects malware faster since this process takes place in the cloud. Besides, it allows you to create exclusion rules and assign priority during the system analysis phase, and provides you with reports and an events log. Additionally, this program has improved its performance tools to ensure that you always get the most out of your PC. Moreover, it defends you from PUPs (potentially unwanted programs) that are installed without your consent and may cause unpleasant problems to your PC.
There is no doubt that Avira Antivirus 2016 is a good tool that can protect your PC from malware threats and meanwhile keep your PC running at its full potential. However, you may want to remove it out of your PC for some reason. If you wish to completely remove its main parts as well as its leftovers, or you have problems in uninstalling it due to unknown factors, then you can try using Perfect Uninstaller to forcibly uninstall it and clean up all its traces from your system.
Methods to Uninstall Avira Antivirus 2016 from Your Computer
There are different methods to uninstall Avira Antivirus 2016, and you can select the one that is best for your PC.
Before the uninstallation, you need to:
- Log on your PC as an administrator.
- Exit Avira Antivirus 2016 from your PC by opening Windows Task Manager, selecting the program and its related processes and clicking the End Task button.
Method 1：Uninstall the program by Using Perfect Uninstaller
» Download Perfect Uninstaller setup file on your PC.
» Run the setup file by double clicking on it and then follow the setup wizard to install Perfect Uninstaller on your PC.
» Once the installation is done, launch Perfect Uninstaller immediately. On the main screen, highlight Avira Antivirus 2016, and then click the Force Uninstall button. If a small window pops up and tells you “First please try the Uninstall”, just click the OK button.
» Click the icon as below to scan the program path.
» Browse for the folder of Avira Antivirus 2016. Once you locate it, highlight the folder and click the OK button.
» Click the Next button.
» Perfect Uninstaller now will start scanning the registry for the leftover entries and the drives for the leftover files. Once it is completed, click Next.
» Keep click Next until you are shown all registry keys and files of the program. Click Next to start the removal of them.
» You will be prompted a dialog box with title “Registration is Required”, if you are using an unregistered version of Perfect Uninstaller. Click Yes if you would like to register in Perfect Uninstaller and accomplish a thorough removal of Avira Antivirus 2016 from your PC.
Method 2：Uninstall the program through the Windows uninstall utility
* The steps to uninstall the program differ depending on the operating system you are using. Please select the guides regarding to the operating system of your computer.
For Windows XP:
- Click Start>Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs. This will open a window that lists all programs currently installed on your PC.
- Locate the program you want to remove, highlight it and then click the Remove button.
For Windows 7/Vista:
- Click Start>Control Panel>Uninstall a program.
- Highlight the program you want to remove and then click the Uninstall button.
For Windows 8:
- Right click the left bottom of your screen, click Control Panel>Uninstall a program.
- In the Programs and Features window, search for the Avira program, click on it and select Uninstall.
For Windows 10:
- Right click the lower-left corner of your computer screen, and click Control Panel>Uninstall a program.
- In the window that opens, find the program you want to remove, select it, and click the Uninstall option.
Tips: If Avira Antivirus 2016 does not appear in the list of installed programs, or the program won’t uninstall after you click the Uninstall button, you can run Perfect Uninstaller to forcibly uninstall it from your PC instantly.
Method 3: Uninstall the Program via Registry Editor.
Press the Windows + R keys at the same time to open the Run dialog box, type regedit, and press the Enter key.
When the registry editor is open, follow the below path to locate the folder of Uninstall:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall (32 Bit and 64 Bit Windows)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall (64 Bit Windows)
Under the folder of Uninstall, find out the folder named by Avira Antivirus, right click it and click Delete. Click on Yes to confirm the deletion.
Uninstall a program via registry editor not recommended, since Windows registry serves as the central database used for storing information that is necessary for system configuration. Any incorrect operation on Windows registry may result in serious damage to certain registry files and cause malfunction of the system. To be safe, it is strongly suggested that you make a backup of your registry before you start the program uninstall.
Extra Steps: Remove files & registry entries related to Avira Antivirus 2016 manually.
If you uninstall the program through Windows uninstall utility or via the registry editor, you may need to take extra steps to remove its left overfiles & entries from your PC. Otherwise they will pile up in your system and make your PC run slowly or cause other unwante problems. You can follow the steps below:
» Show all hidden files.
- Open the Control Panel window. Type folder into the search box and then click Show hidden files and folders.
- Under the View tab, tick Show hidden files, folders and drives and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended), and then click OK.
» Delete all leftover folders & files.
- Open the drive where you have installed the program and open the folder of Programs Files. Look for any folder name by Avira and delete it.
» Delete all leftover registry entries.
- Open the registry editor. Press Ctrl + F keys together, type avira into the Find what box and click Find Next.
- Identify the matched folders, keys or values, right click on them and click Delete.
* Be careful when you are editing the registry. Don’t mistakenly delete any important folders, entries or keys.
Information You Need to Know:
- When you try to uninstall a program through the Windows uninstall utility, Windows will look for and generate the program’s uninstaller which is usually located in the program’s installation folder. Once the uninstaller is executed, it will go through the log file and undoes all the changes done during installation. But if the uninstaller gets missing or corrupted, the Windows will fail to generate it and the uninstallation won’t start.
- Windows uninstall utility and program’s build-in uninstaller can only remove the main executable program files, but not all program’s files and entries. Some invalid files can be left in the registry and folders. These leftovers may cause some problems like slow running speed of the computer, failure to reinstall the program next time, or even system crash.
Have problems in uninstalling Avira Antivirus 2016? Want to uninstall this program and delete its related files & entries within clicks? Please use Perfect Uninstaller. This tool comes with a suit of advanced features that not only help uninstall common software programs but also the stubborn, corrupted & partially-uninstall programs. Besides, it will thoroughly scan your system to find out and delete all junk files from your PC. Now you can download Perfect Uninstaller on your PC and start uninstalling any unwanted program!